68th Republic Day Celebration at The Paras World School

The special day on which India was declared a Republic was on the 26th of January, 1950. Can anyone ever forget this day which marks the beginning of the first written Constitution by Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar. This day is awaited every year by each office and educational institution for a grand celebration. India’s CBSE schools and other schools take part in the parade that is organized at a grand level at Rajpath, New Delhi. It is a sight to watch. Children participating in different activities lure everyone to be a part of it.

Many top schools in Gurgaon and other cities of India make sure to enlighten the students of this special day. They do it by way of an assembly with speeches from some of the students and faculties together with the head of the institution. The Paras World School had made it even more memorable by organizing a Special Assembly in respect of this day that anyone  can’t dare to forget.



Highlights of the event which I witnessed as a mother


The attraction of the school was the presence of children. In fact, there was zero absenteeism on that day. It was a sight to admire. My daughter was super excited for this day and early morning before I was awake, she came up to me and kissed on my cheek and said “Happy Republic Day Mom”. It kept me wondering what made my daughter so sensible that she wished me on this big day for the first time.

I owed my gratitude to this wonderful school I guess because this change of personality was never experienced by me.

So, we got ready and reached school to be welcomed by a bunch of pretty looking students who were all dressed in traditional and cultural attires with a handful in uniform. This was my first visit to one of the top CBSE schools in Gurgaon and the feeling was inexpressible. The line-up of students for the flag hoisting and singing of the National Anthem gave me goose bumps. I am pretty sure that all other schools have been following the same ritual of celebrating this day but my experience with the truth has been with The Paras Word School.

Speech by students, Principal, teachers and parents was definitely ear soothing. Getting to know more about the country in different flavor and style from different people imparted knowledge to everyone sitting there.

Food in tri-color was a treat to the eyes and the day ended with hugs and wishes to one another. I wish each of the premier institutions in Delhi, NCR follows the same tradition to unite people and prepare the students in being a citizen with Indian heart but modern thoughts.

Jai Hind!

Comments